Significant advancements… but more work required

In April, Delphi completed the first coast-to-coast journey, crossing the US from San Francisco to New York in autonomous mode …well almost. In fact, the nearly 3,400 miles were undertaken with 99% of the ride in fully autonomous mode. The remaining 1% required driver intervention. It’s fantastic that so much can be accomplished without human intervention but that last 1% involves situations that many drivers encounter regularly on the road and will need to be addressed before any such vehicle is capable of handling itself on today’s roads and highways.

%d bloggers like this: