11 major insurers have formed a group in the UK to discuss the industry response to the onset of autonomous driving and represent the industry. Aviva, Axa, LV, Zurich Direct Line and Admiral are among the 11 insurers.
In Canada, Aviva announced that it will be offering ride-sharing car insurance, starting with the Ontario market. Product highlights:
- Coverage available for drivers spending up to 20 hours a week participating in ride-sharing
- Cost for coverage will be calculated by driving record, time spent ride-sharing
- Inexpensive – it will amount to a fraction of the income drivers earn through ride-sharing
- Maximum of 8 passengers
- Driver is licensed a minimum of 6 years
- No other commercial usage